Adventure, the only frontier. I love talking with my best friends because they make me feel like a super hero in some epic story. However, I'm just a girl with real life always in my face. Instead of retelling the past week or so my life in writing*, I've made a short video. There's nothing like talking face to face, right?! So here are some of the highlights from yet another beautiful week at the end of the world:
*I decided to write out a little bit just because:
"Not a bad week at all. Last Wednesday is probably one of the highlights of being here so far. I dragged myself out of bed and after breakfast I rushed out the door. The streetlights were still aglow as it was still dark. Their light was magnified and glanced off the newly fallen snow...Fluffy finger-tip sized snowflakes gingerly lighted on my face, jacket, and backpack.
As hard as it is to wake up after staying up entirely too late, it's worth it to enjoy the stillness of dawn. Watching the city as it slumbers peacefully..."
Recently, a friend of mine posted this list of things to do, 25 Things to Do Before You Turn 25
which I referenced in the video. "Finding myself by going abroad"...Although I don't like some of them or parts of some of them rather, as a young twenty something there is some truth in them. About one year to go, I hope to say I've done it all sometime soon.
I hope you enjoyed watching the video. I would like to encourage you to consider this: I need volunteers to be pen pals with my students! Very easy and very fun. Send me an email with your name and a little information about yourself: hobbies, age, work/school, hometown, etc. Picture. My email is: JJWSHNGTN@GMAIL.COM. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO IT!!!
Also, here are some more videos from activities we did in camp: Stomp - 7 Nation Army and our Lip Dub. Pretty much all of the choreography and ideas were from the students! Nothing like a little bit of liberty to inspire youthful ingenuity.
And photos from when it snowed last Wednesday:
| Mate Statue |
| Winter Camp |
| Believe it or not it's almost 8 in the morning |
No comments:
Post a Comment